MEGT is committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.
That means respecting individual differences - including age, ability, language, appearance, family responsibilities, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and more - and using those differences to strengthen our business.
We have several policies and planning documents that help us manage diversity effectively: our Equal Opportunity & Diversity Policy, our Reconciliation Action Plan, and our Indigenous Australians Policy.
We work continuously to address diversity:
TitleIn our communities
During our 35+ years in operation, we have been involved in a range of local community initiatives including:
- Encouraging females to take up apprenticeships in non-traditional trades
- Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to provide training and employment opportunities
- Employing staff with disability
- Managing a training centre on behalf of the Indigenous Land Corporation
- Piloting a course providing work-ready and entry-level skills to people with intellectual disability.
TitleWithin our organisation
A diverse workforce means MEGT can attract and retain staff from a broader range of people who have different experiences and perspectives.
This improves our organisational ability to solve problems and helps us meet the needs of an increasingly diverse client base.
It also provides opportunities for us to develop and deliver services that will help others.
TitleAboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
At MEGT, our vision is to provide training, education and employment services that make a positive difference and are accessible to all Australians.
We are committed to developing sustainable and ongoing employment opportunities - including apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities - for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, providing culturally aware support for employers, and increasing the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples employed by MEGT.
We offer quality services in a safe environment that fosters equality, diversity and unity for all.
MEGT also has an approved Stretch Reconciliation Action Plan setting out a range of activities and commitments.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment programmes here.
- Share Our Pride – Reconciliation Australia’s five-step journey towards understanding and respecting Indigenous culture
- Swimming the River – an animated and entertaining 5’20” video from the Wunan Foundation
- MEGT’s Guide for Staff Engaging and Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
TitlePeople with disability
MEGT is an active member of the Australian Network on Disability (AND).
We are also an alumni of the National Disability Recruitment Coordinator (NDRC)/JobAccess after collaborating with them to increase the number of staff with disability that MEGT employs.
- Disability Sensitivity Training Video 1 – a humorous 3’40’ look at relating to people with disability
- Inspiration and the objectification of disability: Stella Young at TEDxSydney 2014 – a humorous and hard-hitting video well worth the 9’26”
- JobAccess – advice on employing people with disability
MEGT is compliant with gender reporting under the Workplace Gender Equality Act.
We have a trained national network of Equal Opportunity Contact Officers to support our goals of effectively managing diversity and behaviours, so our workplaces are safe and inclusive.
TitleEquality of opportunity
MEGT supports equal employment opportunities for all.
MEGT’s vision is to be a leading provider of employment, education, apprenticeship and training solutions. This will be achieved by providing expertise in vocational training, education, recruitment, apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities for all Australians.
MEGT promotes a culture that fosters equality, diversity, unity, understanding and respect for all.
Do you want to join our team?
At MEGT, we're committed to providing an inclusive and collaborative environment for our staff. We aim to ensure our people are engaged, motivated and prepared with the skills and capabilities they need to deliver our goals.